If you do gardening to grow fruits and vegetables and someone tells you that it is possible to get 10 times more output from your gardening efforts then you would surely be interested in knowing more details.
Since gardening is my hobby, I was quite excited to read something like this on one of the websites. This website provides an information guide called Aquaponics 4 You.
This system has been designed and perfected by a person called John Fay, who is a certified organic farmer and also has expertise in Aquaponics gardening.
I was quite keen to know more about Aquaponics 4 You system and therefore I went ahead and purchased the information product.
After going through the guide and the video, I got a good understanding of the system and was in fact able to implement the system quickly.
Therefore I decided to provide a little more information about this system in this brief review of the product.
What Exactly Is Aquaponics 4 You?
This information guide along with the video gives you step by step instructions to build an Aquaponics system.
For those who really don’t know about Aquaponics, let me give you a quick explanation. The word ‘Aqua’ means fish. And the word ponics is taken from Hydroponics, which is a system for growing plants using water.
John Fay’s guide provides you the information to build a gardening system that has 2 main components – a fish tank and an area where plants are grown with water.
The fish tank produces water that contains algae, ammonia , nitrates and other minerals. All these items are beneficial for plant growth. Water with all these nutrients is supplied to the plants. Plants consume the nutrients and release purified water that can be fed back to the fish tank.
This whole automated system not only helps in increasing the plant produce, but it also helps in water conservation compared to the conventional soil gardening method.
Pros Of This System
- This system is easy to implement and requires very little space and material in comparison to the conventional soil based gardening.
- John Fays’s Aquaponics 4 You guide provides you list of material required along with all the tools you will need to build the system. Actually the guide even gives you details of online sites where you can purchase these items.
- This system helps in increasing the yield from plants to 10 folds and the output is organic fruits and vegetables. You will also save money on fertilizer because you don’t need to buy fertilizer with this system.
- There is much less work involved in this type of gardening because there is no digging and toiling in the soil. Since there is no soil you won’t have to remove weed.
- The energy requirements of this system will be much less compared to the conventional garden. You just need electricity to run a small water pump. Therefore you will save on energy expenses also.
- Fish get clean water and plants get their nutrients. Therefore this is a good system for both and it provides you complete automation with very little human intervention.
- The vegetable and fruits from this system may not be as tasty as the ones grown with soil. This may be because they are grown in water.
- John Fay’s guide gives you step by step instructions. However you will have to spend your time and effort to build this system. This is not a ready made kit for you.
- If you have not done any home improvement projects in the past, then doing a DIY project for the first time will pose some basic challenges.
Aquaponics 4 You Review Conclusions
John Fay has produced a good information product for those who are interested in gardening and would like to experiment with an aquaponics system.
Although this is not a very difficult project to implement once you understand the concept, but still John Fay’s guide is helpful in many other areas.